Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Purpose of Memoirs of Dr Cabokia

Memoirs of Dr Cabokia was born on Wednesday, July 19, 2006. It was previously known as Memoirs of Doctor Cabokia.

Finally, after months of procrastination, I upgraded my template. I upgraded Jordan’s blog first because it has fewer components. I thought that it will be troublesome to upgrade but to my surprise it was really simple. I saved a copy of the old template first in Word. Then, I selected a new template. Then, I added the new components. Finally, I copied the additional HTML code part by part from the previous template, and added them to the new template. Today, I upgraded 2 templates – mine and Seng Chor’s. Woohoo!

According to “The birth of Blog”, an article in theSun on Monday, 14 April 2008, a geek called Peter Merholz gave birth to the word “blog” nine years ago. Believe it or not - It seems that the word blog derived from the phrase “boring as a log”. Whatever it means, my blog has a purpose.

My passion for journaling has mooted the creation for this blog. At that time, I have just completed my PhD and I have time to spare for blogging. My desire was to share both my joy and heartaches as I journeyed through my PhD and as a mother to a baby who is now a handsome toddler. This blog is also one of the ways I could reach out to the younger generation, who I interact with day after day. Most of all, I want to share how God has blessed me and what I’ve learnt in life, and to channel that blessings and experiences to all that I know and love.

Ultimately, the purpose of Memoirs of Dr Cabokia is to
GLORIFY GOD
!

No comments: