Wednesday, April 16, 2008

ISTJ vs ISFP

The acronyms:
E = Extraversion (Extrovert)
I = Introversion (Introvert)
S = Sensing
N = Intuition (Intuitive)
T = Thinking (Thinker)
F = Feeling (Feeler)
J = Judging
P = Perceiving

When I did the personality test last November 2007 at a workshop in my college the result was ISTJ. When I looked at my results, I realised that I could have been either T or F, and T or J. Each score differed by one only. The result could have swung either way.

The workshop entitled "SalesPeak!: Mastering The Fine Art of Selling Workshop" was conducted by Mr Fabian Fidelis, CEO and Principal Trainer of ProActive Training. The descriptions below were taken from his book.

ISTJ
Quiet, serious, earn success by thoroughness and dependability.
Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible.
Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, regardless of distractions.
Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organise - their work, their home, their life.
Value traditions and loyalty.

ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind.
Enjoy the present moment, what's going on around them.
Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame.
Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them.
Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.

I agree with both descriptions. :)

No comments: