Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I miss him tremendously…

Seng Chor and I will be leaving for Redang late tomorrow afternoon. Without telling me, Seng Chor placed Jordan at the babysitter tonight. I almost cried when he told me this after work. I won’t be able to hug and kiss him before I leave tomorrow. I will miss his bugging at night. No one asking for “Green apple” or “Strawberry” vitamin. No one requesting to watch, “Thomas”. No more mess tonight.

I couldn’t resist it. I called him at the babysitter and talked to him. This was the first time I talked to him on the phone. He has a sweet and gentle voice. He called, “Mummy” many times. Then, I explained to him that, “Daddy and Mummy will be going to Redang”. I also told him that we will see him on Monday. Whether he understands or not is not important. The important thing is that I have communicated that with him. It may sound funny but I felt that I should tell him that we will be going away.

Today, I bought him a Mini Cooper toy car. He has a red coloured Mini Cooper toy car which my sis gave him for Christmas. The one I bought is dark green and much smaller. I won’t be able to give it to him until Monday.

Throughout the phone call just now, the babysitter taught him what to say. Towards the end, Jordan wished, “Good night, Mummy” and “Bye-bye Mummy”. I had tears in my eyes as I said, “I love you, Jordan”.

No comments: