Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Transition and Adjustments

Almost every month, we need to adjust to Jordan’s different stages of growth – teething, increase of food intake. We want to help him to sleep through the night without waking up in the middle for milk. At night, we have tried to give him 9 scoops of milk with 8 oz of water. This worked for quite sometime. About a month ago, we changed it to 9 scoops with 9 oz of water. This was not really effective. He woke up 4 or 5 am crying because he was hungry. We have also tried to give him 10 oz but also not enough for him. Last night, we gave him 9 scoops with about 2 scoops of cereal added as well, into 9 oz of water. It was Seng Chor’s idea. It worked! However, he did wake up at about 3 am. Not for milk but to sleep with us. So, I carried him onto our bed to sleep. He slept until almost 7 am. Phew!

Today is the last day of my medication. No more sore throat. Still got cough – but mainly at night. There is a Chinese saying that goes like this – “Cough normally lasts for 100 days”, which I think it’s quite true from past experience. I wonder why.

So far, my classes are alright. Still hoping for more responses from the students. Preparation is on going for my Soft Computing lectures which will commence next Thursday - 1 February 2007. I need to do more reading for this module. It's going to be challenging.

Looking forward to my January pay day next week. :)

No comments: