Thursday, January 11, 2007

Reflection and Goals

This is the second week of 2007. It’s no longer a new year. Some people may feel that they are still in 2006. I am probably one of them. I am not living in the past, just can’t believed that it’s the end of 2006. So many things have happened – both sweet and bitter.

Sweet memories…
  • Successful viva for my PhD

  • Trip to Hong Kong Disneyland with Seng Chor

  • Trip to Tioman Island

  • PhD convocation

  • Special bonus and increment for PhD

  • Featured in the Express Women's Day Special of the Daily Express

  • Photo shooting for Her World magazine

  • 1st Birthday celebration with Jordan

  • Celebrating 6th wedding anniversary – first time with Jordan

  • 1st Birthday celebration for Jordan, at McDonald’s



Bitter memories…
  • Taking care of Jordan when he had fever. I fell sick too.

  • Losing my sister's car right in front of our house.

  • Watching my beloved Spiritual Mentor as she battled with cancer, and her eventual passing away.


What goals do I have for 2007? I normally don’t set any goal. I am not that type that set goals or resolutions every year, and reflect on them. Perhaps this year could be different. Perhaps I do have some goals that I want to achieve or try to achieve. Perhaps these are the goals…perhaps…

Read more books on spiritual growth.
Be more discipline in my daily devotion – prayer and reading the Bible.
Encourage more people.
Disciple at least one person.
Be a better wife.
Be a better mother.

Hmm…are these goals appropriate? Are goals supposed to be measurable? It’s really not easy to set goals. Ok, I admit that I’m bad at setting goals. My life is not aimless without these goals. I desire something simple. Ultimately, all I want to do is to glorify God. Amen!

No comments: