Monday, January 15, 2007

Terrible weekend

I had a terrible weekend. I was on medical leave last Wednesday because of a bad throat infection. I completed the course of antibiotics on Saturday but the throat was still very sore. More coughing and slight flu as well. Seng Chor was away at Cyberview Lodge, Cyberjaya for his company planning meeting cum outing the whole of Saturday. So, I was alone with Jordan again. He was ok but still needed lots of attention. Thankfully, he took a nap for more than 3 hours, from almost 4 pm to 7:25 pm. I managed to sleep for about one hour plus too. He could have slept longer but I had to wake him up for dinner. We had made arrangement to have dinner with Pei Lu to celebrate her birthday. Yoke Kheng arrived around 7:20 pm to pick us up. Sahaya, Tracy and Michele joined us as well.

After church on Sunday, Seng Chor took me to see the doctor – 2 doctors within a week! (Uncle Wing Cheong babysat Jordan for us. Cool, eh?) No need for more antibiotics. Just more flu, cough medicine, lozenges and pain killer. My throat is still very sore. I was looking forward to go to the Bukit Beruntung Chapel Sunday School but I was too tired. They had a birthday celebration, followed by the Kids Games evaluation meeting at Pastor Carmen’s house. Heard that they had lamb stew. What a miss!

I didn’t really rest well. Had a short nap. Too many thoughts running through my mind – household chores, Jordan, probably should have gone BBC SS, etc. Jordan was crying downstairs. Thought that he was sleepy. So, asked Seng Chor to take him upstairs. He didn’t want to sleep. Just crawling and rolling on the bed. Moreover, it was raining heavily. After awhile, I took Jordan downstairs and I tried to sleep again. But just couldn’t. Finally, I got up and asked Seng Chor to buy dinner. We were supposed to have dinner at Nando’s with the Chans, the Lais and Uncle Chris but I was not really up to it. I had second thoughts though. I felt like getting out of the house. Had to pull myself together. So, I start to prepare Jordan’s meal and fed him. He was a bit restless after that. Guessed he was sleepy. He slept before 9 pm. Seng Chor and I also slept early – around 9:30 pm.

Jordan got up around 3:45 am this morning for his milk – 9 oz. Seng Chor fed him and put him into his cot to sleep. He was ok for about half an hour. Then, he got up and cried for attention. So, we placed him in between us to sleep. As usual, he was crawling everywhere on the bed – up and down. We had to watch out for him and make sure he doesn’t fall off the bed. Not sure when he finally felt asleep. Later, I found him sleeping at the bottom of Seng Chor’s feet. Thank goodness that both Seng Chor and I are not bad sleeper. Otherwise, we would have kicked him off the bed! He was still sleeping when Seng Chor carried him to the car.

It’s been like that with Jordan for the past 2 weeks or so. Waking up at 4 or 5 am. Crawling and rolling on our bed until he knocks out. When is this ‘nightmare’ going to end? I hope to get well soon. It’s bad enough when you don’t get enough good sleep. But it’s even worse when you are sick too. Seng Chor and I really need a break.


Anonymous said...

Seriously, if you need someone to babysit him for more a day (more than 6 hours) so you both can go to sleep, let WY & I know.

We're both 'technically' not working now so our time can be arranged in a somewhat flexible manner.

I would be more than happy to spend time with my new baby best friend.

Seriously ... consider it.

DoctorCabokia said...

Thanks, John. We have other offers as well. BUC is such a caring community. :) We are very blessed indeed.