Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sleeping well and Shopping

Since the arrival of Jordan’s bed last Thursday, I have been sleeping well. I don’t have to worry about his kicks or his sudden jump on me. He sleeps well on his own bed. Thank God! He did try to cross over a few times and succeeded once. On one night, he even invited me to his bed to sleep. Lately, there is no more such tactics. He really loves his new bed.

I think I walked too much last weekend. I was at work for a meeting last Saturday. Then, in the afternoon, Jordan and I had our haircut at Ikano. I managed to buy my favorite biscuit from Cold Storage – Arnotts Shapes Chicken Crimpy.

Arnott's Shapes are a popular line of savoury biscuits produced by Arnott's in Australia. First produced in Victoria in the 1950s, they were originally made in the shape of potato chips, until bakers realised they were too difficult to cut and were a waste of dough. In 1974, they switched to the flat biscuits, which are sold today. The reason for the name "Shapes" is because of the varied shapes that the biscuits come in, depending on the flavour. Arnott's boast that Shapes are "baked, not fried," which is a less fatty method of cooking. Over 44 million packets of Shapes are consumed each year in Australia. (Source: Wikipedia).

Oooo…I love the Chicken Crimpy so much. Once the box is opened, I can finish it at one sitting. I missed the biscuits so much when I came back from Australia. I bought it once in Jusco – only once. After that, I couldn’t find it anymore. Now, they are selling only the Barbeque/Pizza flavour. I rediscovered the biscuit at Selvi’s home last week, and Roy told me that it is available only at Cold Storage. Finally, I could buy it last Saturday. I bought 5 packets. It’s not cheap – RM7.95 per packet! Jordan also loves the biscuit. I have to hide the biscuits from him. It’s too salty for him.

On Sunday, we joined my sister-in-law Huey Pin (Seng Chor’s sister), her husband, Danny and their son Jeffrey for lunch at Ikea. I enjoyed the Swedish meatballs very much. I love the cranberries sauce. Hope to eat it again. Jordan slept during lunch for about one hour. Seng Chor and I had a peaceful meal.

After that, we walked around Ikea. We accompanied Huey Pin and Danny as they shopped.

At night, we had dinner at Nando’s, Atria. It was an enjoyable meal for all of us. Jordan loves the chicken that I was having – Lemon and Herb. It’s been a long time since we had Nando’s.

After dinner, Seng Chor and I watched the F1 Racing at Monaco. I’m happy that Lewis Hamilton won.

It was a tiring but fun weekend for the Teohs.

No comments: