Thursday, May 22, 2008

Manchester United – Double Winner

The two men (Seng Chor and Alex) in the house are fans of Manchester United. Automatically, I have also became the fan of Manchester United. I have even planned to watch their match when they were supposed to come to Malaysia last year. Unfortunately, it was cancelled because it clashed with another football match. I missed their first tour. Hope to watch them live next time.

This morning, at about 2:30 am, I woke up and I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned on the bed for about half an hour. Then, I decided to join my brother downstairs to watch the Champions League Final – Manchester United versus Chelsea held at Moscow. I missed Ronaldo’s goal which he scored in the first 30 minutes. They had a few near misses after that. How sad! Just before the end of the half time, Lampard from Chelsea scored. Aiya!

I slept during the second half. When I woke up, the score was still 1-1. The match went into extra time – it was still 1-1 after that. Next, we had the exciting moment – Penalty Shootout. I decided to wake Seng Chor up to watch. Before Ronaldo shoot, Seng Chor commented that this guy had missed a few penalties during the season. Perhaps hinting that Ronaldo should not be part of the penalty shootout. Well, Seng Chor’s ‘prediction’ came true. It was saved by the goalkeeper. Haiya! The tension was building up. I kept on praying –“Please God, let Manchester United win.” And then a ‘miracle’ happened - John Terry from Chelsea missed the goal! He managed to trick Van der Saar but he missed it! Hahaha! The excitement is rising. Alex was lying down, but then he sat up. When it was Ryan Giggs’ turn to kick, both Seng Chor and Alex were not really confident. But then, he scored! Chelsea’s turn next, and Van der Saar dived and he managed to save the goal! Woohoo! Manchester United won the Champions League through penalty shootout: 6 – 5!

Last week, Manchester United won the Premier League. I didn’t watch the whole game. But I did ask Jordan to pray together. Hehehe!

We stayed on to watch the trophy presentation. What a joy! Ryan Giggs is truly a veteran. Somehow, I felt proud and happy for him that he was there to lift up the trophy. According to Seng Chor, he has won so many other cups in the past. It must be the sweetest win for him this season – a double for Manchester United. Hip! Hip! Hooray!

No comments: