Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WWW.THE4POINTS.COM

A simple way to share the Good News…

GOD LOVES ME

The four points are an overview or summary of the entire bible and the first thing you need to know is that God is crazy about you! His love is unlimited and completely unconditional. There is nothing you can do to make God love you any more or less than He does right now. There is nothing God wants more than to love and be loved by you.

Bible: Psalm 100:5, 1 John 3:16


I HAVE SINNED

Sadly we have all been separated from God’s love by something the bible calls sin. Simply put sin is choosing to live for ourselves rather than God. We sin when we ignore God, break His laws and basically do things our own way. Sin destroys relationships with friends, with family and with God. The bible says that sin ultimately brings death.

Bible: Isaiah 59:2, Romans 6:23


JESUS DIED FOR ME

The third point is probably one of the most well known facts in the history of mankind but is often misunderstood. The key is to realize that the penalty for sin is death. We’ve all sinned and we all deserve to die. But God, who is full of mercy, loved you so much that He sent Jesus to come and die in your place. Jesus died so that we can have eternal life.

Bible: 1 John 4:9-10, Romans 5:8


I NEED TO DECIDE TO LIVE FOR GOD

God has done everything He can do demonstrate just how important you are to him. It is now up to you to decide what you want to do. God is offering you life in all it’s fullness for all eternity. All you need to do is accept that you’ve sinned, ask for God’s forgiveness and decide to live the rest of your life only for Him. The choice is yours.

Bible: Deuteronomy 30:19, 1 John 1:9

------------------------------------------------------------------

A Prayer You can Say

Dear God, Thank You that You love me and want the best for me in every situation. I’m sorry for ignoring You and doing things my way. I realize now that my sin has hurt You and the people around me and for this I’m truly sorry. Thank you Jesus that You came and took the punishment for my sin. Thank you that You gave your life for me. Please forgive me and help me now as I decide to live only for you. Amen.

No comments: