Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Tooth is Officially Dead!

At around 5:20 pm, Tuesday, 11 September 2007, my front tooth died! The root canal procedure has been completed. Crowning is the next step, and that will be administered after 3 months. It’s going to cost a bomb because I had to crown both of my big front teeth! Hmm…the crowning seems like a funeral service for my tooth. It will big be sealed permanently. The colour of the original tooth will grow darker and darker (c.f. In the coffin, our body rots, and only bones remain).

There is no more pain, but I still need to be careful not to bite hard stuff. The tooth is still fragile. I actually asked the dentist whether my tooth would drop off easily or not. He said no. Phew! I almost had sleepless nights thinking that my tooth may just fall off while I lecture. Hahaha!

My Mum encouraged me by saying that my perseverance will pay off when one day I’ll have 2 beautiful front teeth and a great smile! She added, “Remember there’s always light at the end of a long, dark tunnel.”

Thanks, Ma.

No comments: