Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Tioman with a Difference

Two years ago, which is, 2004 was our first trip to Tioman. In that trip, there were 11 of us and we booked 5 rooms. I brought along my notebook to write up something for my dissertation. I needed to show something to my supervisor after the trip. On the second day, while others were swimming and kayakking, I stayed in the room writing one of the chapters. The highlight of that trip was snorkelling. It was my first time snorkelling. What a wonderful experience! The first thing I saw was sea cucumber. The other thing that made the trip memorable was this - first holiday with my 2 sister-in-laws.

This year, it was different - only 5 of us and we booked 2 rooms. And the happiest thing is that - no more studies - no more writing dissertation. It was a relaxing trip - eat, sleep, play, watch TV. I ate a lot. Upon arrival, I ate and ate and ate but still didn't feel very full. I got to learn (hahaha...what a word to use!) quite a number of cartoon shows. I enjoyed all the shows - all about fighting to save the world. In our last trip, we played this game called Photo Hunt, where we need to spot 5 differences between 2 photos. We found the game but after at least 10 tries and 5 pairs of eyes, we still couldn't get our names written in the Hall of Fame. *sigh* Try again next time loh.

For my next island trip, I know what I want to do already - go for a massage!!! We will definitely bring Jordan along. There was never a day/night that I didn't think of him when I was in Tioman. Once in a while, I would take out my digital camera and watch a video of him laughing loudly in the cot. He's so fun to play with now.

Thank God for his protection, and another fun trip.

No comments: