Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Connecting with the BBC SS Children

It's been quite a while since I shared about my ministry at the Bukit Beruntung Chapel Sunday School (BBC SS). Whenever I'm there the feeling is just overwhelming because of the number of children that keep on coming. They are so hyper active. I just can't keep up with them.

Last Sunday, 22 children came. For the past few months, I didn't really connect with the children. But last Sunday was different. I played passing the ball with 2 lovely sisters for about half an hour. (The Sunday School teachers called one of them 'chicken little'. Hahaha!) Even though it was just a simple game, we still had a good time of laughter. During the steamboat dinner, they actually came to sit next to me. 'chicken little' even played with my hair and tried to tie them together. I showed them photos of Jordan too. The older girl asked me to bring him there next time. It feels good to be accepted by the children. In my Growth Group meeting in the morning, I was reminded to carry the presence of God with me whenever I spend time with the children. It's a joy to be in God's presence, and to serve Him.

I would like to thank Moh Nee and her husband for preparing such a sumptuous dinner for us last weekend. She even bought gifts for the Sunday School teachers. God bless her as she returns to Singapore to work.

No comments: