Friday, November 10, 2006

Silent Night...in pain

On Wednesday, Seng Chor and I attended the Oracle Application Day at Mandarin Oriental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. As usual, I look forward to the freebies, lucky draw and food - morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. This time, I collected pens, notepad cum calendar, pencils, sweets, mugs, chocolates and even won myself a shirt. Cool, eh? Food was ok - didn't really meet my expectations. During the buffet lunch, I enjoyed the dessert most. Cod fish was awesome but soup was horrible. Hmm...what about the event itself? The most interesting talk was probably the last one on GST. Overall, I've learnt something, and gained much (not weight, I hope).

Coincidentally, Aaron got free movie tickets for "The Departed" from TGV KLCC that night. So, we had dinner at the KLCC food court, and waited for the rest of the gang to come - 13 of us. The movie was disappointing. Basically, it's a story about two undercovers - one for the police and one for the mob. It has a strong profile of actors - Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin...

Plot Outline: Two men from opposite sides of the law are undercover within the Massachusetts State Police and the Irish mafia, but violence and bloodshed boil when discoveries are made, and the moles are dispatched to find out their enemy's identities. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407887/plotsummary)

The storyline is actually similar to the Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs. I didn't really enjoy that too. Well..this movie is memorable because it's the first movie that Seng Chor and I watched in a cinema after the birth of Jordan. Not surprisingly, everyone asked, "Where's Jordan?" Hee! Hee! He's with the babysitter loh. He had a sleepover! So, that explains the title - Silent Night. Why "In pain"?....I had stomach-ache almost the whole night. Not sure what had caused it - I do not wish to speculate. I didn't really sleep well. Had diarrhoea twice in the morning. Then, went to see a doctor and took medical leave. I slept the whole day and yet still felt really weak at night. Today, I resumed work - still feeling weak and uncomfortable - nausea, giddy, mild tummy ache. Looking forward to more rest during the weekend - but I doubt it. Not much rest with an active baby around. :)

No comments: