Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Another Memorable Trip to Kota Kinabalu

The Teohs and Yoke Kheng left for Kota Kinabalu, Sabah on Thursday, 28 August 2008 at 9:20 am. We arrived at the Terminal 2 at around 12 noon. My parents greeted us.

For lunch, I requested my Mum to cook porridge – I had 3 bowls – medium-sized. Yummy! We didn’t do much for the rest of the day. Seng Chor and his friend Chee Keong drove around the city. They were supposed to buy milk powder for Jordan and get some stuff from the pharmacy but didn't. In the evening, my Dad took them hiking on the hill near our house as a prelude to the Mt Kinabalu climb on 31 August 2008.

At 6:30 pm, we (Seng Chor, Yoke Kheng, Chee Keong, Jordan and I) left the house to pick Jenny (my ex-University mate) for dinner. We had a lovely dinner at The @mosphere. It is situated on the 18th floor of the Menara Tun Mustapha (formerly known as Yayasan Sabah). The restaurant revolves a full circle in one hour, giving a sweeping 360 degrees views of Kota Kinabalu. Cool, eh? The food was not too bad. I enjoyed my mushroom soup. I had a sip of the drinks ordered by Seng Chor and Yoke Kheng. Nice! It was a peaceful dinner because Jordan slept throughout on the sofa. Hehehe!

After dinner, we went to Veda Blue at City Mall for ice cream – thumbs-up for this local ice cream store – Made in Sabah. Unfortunately, there was no durian ice cream. I settled for mango and ? (I forgot – Hahaha.) I think it was some nuts with chocolate flavour. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

That was the first day.

On the second day, we went to our favourite Dim Sum place – Foo Phin. I ate quite a lot – siew mai, char siew pau, pai kuat, chee cheong fun, fish ball, carrot cake and lo mai kai. What a satisfying meal! Next, we went to CKS Hypermarket to do a bit of shopping for snacks.

We had the famous fish paste noodle soup from Tien-tien Restaurant for lunch. After lunch, we (Mum, Seng Chor, Chee Keong, Jordan and I) went to 1 Borneo Hypermall for window shopping. It was our first visit. Well, it was not exactly window shopping. Seng Chor bought gloves, ear mittens and long johns.

For dinner, we went to my Dad’s favourite Chinese restaurant – Supertanker. Food and service were excellent. My Dad ordered steamed fish cooked in teochew style, ostrich meat, Sabah vegetables and special sauce pork ribs. Jordan enjoyed the jelly dessert very much. Because he enjoyed it so much, the owner of the restaurant gave him another one! It was entertaining to see him gobbling up the jelly. There was a charming smile with every bite.

That was the second day in Kota Kinabalu.

Next post – Trip to Kinabalu Park, Kundasang.

No comments: