Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekday dinner – everywhere

Because I still can’t eat the catered food, I have to think of what to eat and where to eat every night. I even feel sick just by looking at the catered food. Terrible, right?

Here’s what I had last week:

  • Monday – Dragon-I (Shanghai Meat Dumpling (xiu long bao))

  • Tuesday – Zuup Soup Bar (Pumpkin Soup on Bread Bowl)

  • Wednesday – Fruits (Apple and Pear)

  • Thursday – Hokano Japanese Restaurant (Potato Salad, 2 Unari, 1 California Hand Roll and Miso soup)

  • Friday – Durian at SS2, Apple and Persimmon

  • Saturday – Home cooked Hokkien Mee and Vegetables

  • Sunday – Kampung Durian, Mangosteen and small bowl of Hokkien Mee


According to Seng Chor, on average, I spent about RM 20 for dinner every night. Hmm…very costly indeed. Fruits, salad and soup are not cheap. What to do? I have to eat something.

I had a good but tiring weekend. Seng Chor was away almost the whole Saturday. We went out around 3 pm to run some errands – Bangsar for my skin care products and 1 Utama for his old car’s sports rim, and my sandals.

Then, we went to Damansara Utama to buy fried rice for our dinner with oikos (pre-believers) at the Chans. Our growth group had our first introductory session on the Adult Alpha Course with 4 oikos. Praise the Lord! Pray that they will continue with us for the next 10 sessions. It will take a lot of hard work and prayers.

The talks include:
• Christianity: Boring, Untrue and Irrelevant?
• Who Is Jesus?
• Why Did Jesus Die?
• How Can I Be Sure of My Faith?
• Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
• Why and How Do I Pray?
• How Does God Guide Us?
• Who Is the Holy Spirit?
• What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
• How Can I Be Filled With the Spirit?
• How Can I Resist Evil?
• Why and How Should We Tell Others?
• Does God Heal Today?
• What About the Church?
• How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?

The main speaker is Nicky Gumbel – the founder of Alpha. Basically, after dinner, we would listen to his talk on the VCD and end with a discussion.

It was a good start our Growth Group.

On Sunday, it was church as usual at Antioch. Jordan behaved quite alright. He played with Ryan and Reuel. It’s pretty normal for them to snatch from one another – part of their growing up. But we still need to keep on reminding them to share and not to fight.

After lunch at Home Taste, Damansara Utama, I showered Jordan. Later, he played with his toys and watched television. He didn’t nap in the afternoon. He was really excited when Yoke Kheng and Kevin came over to the house for dinner. He gladly tidied some of his toys before Yoke Kheng came.

We were blessed with durians and mangosteens from Kevin’s friend’s plantation in Raub. It was yummy! Jordan enjoyed them too. We also watched the F1 race together. Actually, I didn’t watch much. I was busy washing and hanging the laundry.

It was an interesting night indeed. The Teohs went to bed around 10:30 pm.

No comments: