Monday, July 16, 2007

Bed vs Cot

Since Jordan slept in the cot, he has been waking up in the wee hours of the morning. It’s even worse than sleeping late. Surprisingly, he didn’t seem tired at all during the day. I was almost half dead on Saturday because he woke up around 4 am. Sometimes I couldn’t even keep my eyes open. I had to baby sit him the whole day because Seng Chor was working. I was really frustrated with Jordan but still managed to show much grace.

On Saturday night, I suggested to Seng Chor to allow Jordan to sleep on the bed with us. I wanted to prove my theory that he sleeps better and longer on the bed. And I too will get more sleep as well. My hypothesis was proven to be true. We had to wake him up for church on Sunday. We repeated the same thing – allowed him to sleep on the bed with us last night and he slept all the way until the babysitter’s house this morning.

The reason – baby dreams too, and sometimes, dreams wake them up. So, when Jordan wakes up while he’s in the cot, he would look for us and cry for attention. There’s when I lose my sleep to entertain him. When he’s on the bed, he’s ok. He knows that we are there, and he would continue to sleep. He wants to feel secure.

ConclusionAllow him to sleep on the bed with us for now – better for me, better for him. Eh…not sure whether it is better for Seng Chor.

No comments: