Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sticky Baby



It feels good to have Jordan sitting on my lap each time. Every night, he wants me to sit with him on the floor and play with him. Whenever I’m not there with him, he would look for me and crawl to me. Sometimes, he just wants to stick to me and sit on my lap. One night, as I was sitting on the sofa he even climbed up the sofa and sat next to me. It really feels good. So precious…

Every night, he plays with his blocks – biting them, transferring them from one place to another, passing them to me or throwing them all over the floor. He normally reaches home before 8 pm and he plays until 10:30 pm. He sleeps before 11 pm. He has been sleeping well (in his cot).

Last week, we tried a different ‘formula’ as he hasn’t been finishing up his milk at night. So, we no longer feed him with cereal at 8:30 pm during weekdays, but just give him water to drink. It seems to be working. He must be taking more porridge at the babysitter’s place.

Seng Chor noticed that he seems to have difficulty sucking the milk. We have actually added 2 scoops of cereal into his night milk. He suggested that the bottle silicone teat be enlarged again. We have already cut the silicone teat so that the flow is much faster. Tonight, I have cut a little hole on it. The experiment begins tomorrow night. Hopefully, he can drink faster and finish it up. He tends to give up if the flow is too slow.

His physical movements…
He is walking little by little. It’s a joy to see him taking a few steps each time. He is still not really confident. Recently, Seng Chor taught him how to perform a somersault on the bed. Tonight, Jordan did at least 2 somersaults on his own. We play with him every night on the bed before he sleeps. He laughs aloud each time. He loves it when we run towards him and pretend to catch him. No nightmare so far. Hee! Hee!

His emotions…
Few nights ago, I took out the wooden train for him to play. It consists of blocks of different sizes. Initially, he was trying to place a block into the correct position. He couldn’t and he got frustrated. So, I gave him a smaller block to try. He was able to put it properly. He smiled and seemed to look to us for affirmation. He repeated the actions many times – took the block out and put it back again. For each successful attempt, we clapped our hands to encourage him. He would look at us and smile. Another precious moment with him…

From this episode with the wooden train, it shows that he doesn’t give up easily. He keeps on trying until he succeeds. He accepts it when we gave him a different block to try. He acknowledges our affirmation with a sweet smile and laughter.


My precious boy

No comments: