Thursday, January 08, 2009

What happened on 30 December 2008?

At around 3 am, I experienced minor contractions. After an hour, I called Seng Chor and told him that we may need to go to the hospital earlier. So, I decided to take a shower first. I felt better after the shower. I rested on the bed until 6 am. Then, I got ready to go to the hospital. Jordan was still sleeping. My mum accompanied him.

We left the house at around 6:30 am. Seng Chor drove through McDonald's to get himself the RM 4 breakfast. We arrived at the hospital before 7 am and waited outside the Admission Office for about 5 minutes. One lady staff arrived. We let her settle down before we entered the office. The registration was smooth. I checked into a double room – 207.

The nurse made preparations for my c-sect – checked my blood pressure, temperature and heartbeat, etc. The baby's heartbeat was also monitored for about half an hour. The anesthesian, Dr Wahida came to check me and ask me a few questions as well. I like her – sweet and polite. My previous anesthesian was a male.

Time really flies. Before I could think about anything, I was ready to be wheeled into the operating theatre. It was probably slightly after 9 am.

Seng Chor was asked to wait in the waiting area outside the operating theatre. He will be called in together with my gynecologist.

In the operating theatre, my left hand was poked for the drip. My heartbeat and blood pressure were monitored throughout the procedure.

Then, I had to sit up, hugging a pillow. Dr Wahida poked my lower back a few times to administer the epidural (pain killer) and anesthetic. It was a bit painful. I was told to breathe in and out.

Next, I lay down. My hands were stretched to the each side – like being crucified. A heater was placed onto my right arm. The gynecologist was called in – I was ready to be slaughtered.

The gynecologist and Seng Chor came in after 9:30 am. Only the lower half of my body was sedated. So, I was conscious throughout the procedure. I kept asking Seng Chor to describe to me what he saw – how my skin was like being torn apart, lots of blood everywhere. Finally, I heard a loud cry – my baby Jemimah aka Jem. She cried so loud. Jordan didn't cry much. What a joy! I couldn't wait to see her.

During the procedure (after I was cut opened), I shivered. Dr Wahida gave me something to stop the shivering. After removing Jemimah, the cleaning up started – 'spare parts' were removed. Next, the gynecologist proceeded with the stitching – 3 layers to stitch. Seng Chor got to 'enjoy' this part as well. In the previous cesarean, he was asked to leave after Jordan was cleaned up.

Baby Jem was brought to me. What a beautiful baby with lots of hair. The first thing I asked was her weight but they hadn't weigh her yet. Hehehe!

According to Seng Chor, the whole procedure was rather roughly carried out – skin being torn apart, the stitching was rough too. Twice, I saw the gynecologist's blood-stained left hand holding the needle and thread. Seng Chor was asked to leave when the gynecologist started to stitch the outer layer.

(The gynecologist, anesthesian and nurses were making small talk during the stitching. They talked about the death of the Sultan of Negeri Sembilan. I found out that the Datoship for my gynecologist was awarded by him. Actually, he was awarded 3 Datoship Titles. One of them is from the Sultan of Brunei. He briefly mentioned about the wealth of the Sultan of Brunei, etc.)

It's all over now. Praise the Lord that everything went well. There were no complications at all. Baby Jemimah was healthy and normal. The healing was much faster this time. I could get up and walk without assistance the very next morning. All the walking in Kota Kinabalu and climbing in Langkawi must have helped. Hehehe! Though I didn't have a supernatural birth, I had a supernatural healing. God has answered all my prayers for Jem – beautiful baby, lovely eyes with double eye-lids.

Now, Jem and I are being well taken care of by my mother and mother-in-law. Both of us eat and rest well.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: