Wednesday, November 19, 2008

E-Genting Programming Competition 2008

Last Saturday, 15 November 2008, I dropped by at Wisma Genting to give some moral support to my students who took part in the E-Genting Programming Competition 2008 - 3 students from the BSc (Hons) Software Engineering and 1 student from the BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronics Engineering. I'm glad that they willingly agreed (after much persuasion for 2 of them) and registered for the competition.

The competition was held from 10 am to 6 pm. I didn't stay long. At around 10:30 am, I walked over to Pavilion. I had a good exercise - doing window shopping. I bought a Disney magazine and nail clipper for Jordan. Then, I had a cup of refreshing juice (orange + carrot). Seng Chor was supposed to pick me up at 2:30 pm but then he called me around 12 noon and said that he was on the way to pick me. So, I had to abandon my students earlier.

How did they perform? Most of them did at least 2 out of 4 questions. It is not compulsory for them to attempt all questions. The task was not easy. I don't have high expectations. They have done their best. Now, just wait for the results. The award presentation will be held in Genting on 17 January 2009.



BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, Year 2 students



The four participants from KBU


Auditorium



No comments: