Friday, August 24, 2007

Peer Pressure and Conformity



What does GOD Say?


“I am the LORD your God! So don't follow the customs of Egypt where you used to live or those of Canaan where I am bringing you. I am the LORD your God, and you must obey my teachings. Obey them and you will live. I am the LORD.”
Leviticus 18:2-5 (CEV)

“There are two things, Lord, I want you to do for me before I die: Make me absolutely honest and don't let me be too poor or too rich. Give me just what I need. If I have too much to eat, I might forget about you; if I don't have enough, I might steal and disgrace your name.”
Proverbs 30:7-9 (CEV)

“Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That's the most sensible way to serve God. Don't be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think. Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him.”
Romans 12:1-2 (CEV)

“Timothy, you belong to God, so keep away from all these evil things. Try your best to please God and to be like him. Be faithful, loving, dependable, and gentle. Fight a good fight for the faith and claim eternal life. God offered it to you when you clearly told about your faith, while so many people listened.”
1 Timothy 6:11-12 (CEV)

“My friends, be glad, even if you have a lot of trouble. You know that you learn to endure by having your faith tested. But you must learn to endure everything, so that you will be completely mature and not lacking in anything. If any of you need wisdom, you should ask God, and it will be given to you. God is generous and won't correct you for asking.”
James 1:2-5 (CEV)

“Give a kind and respectful answer and keep your conscience clear. This way you will make people ashamed for saying bad things about your good conduct as a follower of Christ. You are better off to obey God and suffer for doing right than to suffer for doing wrong.”
1 Peter 3:16-17 (CEV)

“So don't let the errors of evil people lead you down the wrong path and make you lose your balance.”
2 Peter 3:17 (CEV)

“With all your heart you must trust the LORD and not your own judgment. Always let him lead you, and he will clear the road for you to follow. Don't ever think that you are wise enough, but respect the LORD and stay away from evil."
Proverbs 3:5-7 (CEV)

“Hold firmly to my teaching and never let go. It will mean life for you. Don't follow the bad example of cruel and evil people. Turn aside and keep going. Stay away from them.”
Proverbs 4:13-15 (CEV)

“Carefully guard your thoughts because they are the source of true life. Never tell lies or be deceitful in what you say. Keep looking straight ahead, without turning aside. Know where you are headed, and you will stay on solid ground.”
Proverbs 4:23-26 (CEV)

“Respect and obey the LORD! This is the beginning of wisdom. To have understanding, you must know the Holy God.”
Proverbs 9:10 (CEV)

“Don't be jealous of crooks or want to be their friends. All they think about and talk about is violence and cruelty.”
Proverbs 24:1-2 (CEV)



By The Bible Society of Malaysia

No comments: