Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Back to BBC SS

Last weekend was my second time at Bukit Beruntung Chapel Sunday School after my leave. The first was on 9 July 2006. The feeling was overwhelming. There were 31 children! Last week, we had 21. Still overwhelming. Ok, let me recall my experience on 9 July 2006...

I had mixed feelings. I had a tired weekend with Jordan. So, I even thought of delaying my return to BBC. There was a struggle within me. Eventually, I overcame that thought and set off to Sunday School with Kenny and Yung Ling. I managed to have forty winks in the car. On arrival, the first word that came into my mind was "Wow!" So many kids. Next thought was, "How am I going to fit in?" I felt kinda lost in the midst of the children. It took a while for them to settle down. Yoke Kheng reintroduced me to them. Told them about my baby, and even asked them to guess Jordan's name by playing Hangman. Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! What a way to introduce Jordan's name. No one got 'hanged' as a smart kid managed to guess the name correctly. Next, we sang some songs, followed by a simple Bible study on God being All-knowing. I didn't do much that day. Guess I was still adjusting myself.

On 16 July 2006 - my second trip back, I was more prepared. I was able to fit in better. Few children approached me. I remembered one of them calling me "Aunty". How sad ! If I heard correctly, one of them did call me "Cheh-cheh". Hmm...sounds better. Anyway, I was not as tired as last week. Feeling more and more excited now. The BBC team had a good dinner after the Sunday School. Actually, I was hoping for a 'welcome-back' treat. Hee ! Hee ! Hee ! Just kidding.

Looking forward to continue to serve Him in BBC.

No comments: