Thursday, March 06, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008 til now...

4 February 2008
Company Annual Dinner at Imperial Ballroom, One World Hotel
Everyone looked forward to the door gift and lucky draw.
For the past years, I’ve got vouchers, microwave oven, portable stove, umbrella, multi-purpose cooker, Tupperware set, mini compo. This year, I prayed for a usable gift, and God blessed me with another rice cooker. Guess what? Now, we have 3 rice cookers at home – current one, second rice cooker redeemed from Citibank because the current one has scratch marks in the pot, and the third one – my door gift. We are still using the one rice cooker. Seng Chor has been asking me when I plan to use the new rice cooker. Eh…I am still thinking about it.

This is my 13th year working in the company. So far, I won the lucky draw twice – VCD player (for my bedroom) and a voucher for 2 days and 1 night stay at Damai Laut Resort, Pulau Pangkor. Unfortunately, we didn’t manage to go because Jordan was not well. I won the trip in 2006, and I was actually still on maternity leave.

5 February 2008
We left home for Penang at 8 pm, and arrived there around midnight. Then, Seng Chor had Char Koay Teow for supper. Jordan also ate some.

6 February 2008 – CNY Eve
The agenda is the same every year.
Reunion lunch – steamboat

7 February 2008 – 1st Day of CNY
Visited 1st and 2nd Aunt and family.
Late dinner at Manhattan Fish Market.

8 February 2008 – 2nd Day of CNY
Visited 3rd Uncle and family.
Then, all the relatives came over for dinner. Mum-in-law cooked noodles, prawn, lobak, mixed vegetables, etc.

9 February 2008 – 3rd Day of CNY
To the home of 3rd Aunt and family in Penang Island

10 February 2008
Left Penang around 8 pm.
As we were heading toward the Penang toll, there was a massive jam. To avoid it, Seng Chor turned to another road but it was also jammed. Then, he decided to make a U-turn to the earlier road. We realized that the jam was actually at the Penang Bridge not on the highway. We wasted about half an hour on the other road. Certain parts of the highway were quite jammed, and Seng Chor avoided them by using the trunk road. Finally, we arrived PJ around 2:15 am, 11 February 2008.

11 February 2008
Initially, I planned to cancel my annual leave and take Jordan to work with me. The office was opened for us to pay a visit to our big boss at the headquarters, followed by lion dance performance, and lunch at One World Hotel. However, Jordan didn’t wake up until 11 am. I was a bit disappointed. I was looking forward to taking him to my office, and showing him the lion dance performance. He loves to watch the lion dance.

12, 13 and 14 February 2008
I took replacement leave to take care of Jordan.
Jordan didn’t take his afternoon nap until Seng Chor came home from work. He hardly ate a proper meal and was active the whole day. It was extremely tiring.
Later, I realized that I was relying on my on strength rather than on God.

Seng Chor didn't plan anything for Valentine's Day. I expected a nice lunch but all we had was Ipoh Chicken Rice at Jalan Gasing. Sigh.

15 February 2008
It was Seng Chor’s turn to take leave to baby sit Jordan. I resumed work after almost 2 weeks. I felt relieved. For lunch, my colleague and I went to McDonald’s and we bumped onto Seng Chor and Jordan. They were playing hide and seek at the playground. What a joy to see both of them!

16 February 2008
Heavy downpour in the evening – no swimming lesson.

17 February 2008
Lunch at Patrick’s home, Subang Jaya – Seng Chor’s colleague.
Our Growth Group organized a Chinese New Year dinner at the Wong’s Residence. Eva and Lu Kenn joined us. We celebrated birthdays as well. It was a free and easy night. Food was excellent.

18 February 2008
All lectures and labs commenced – 13 hours a week until end of April 2008, not including project supervision and consultation. Super hectic indeed!

20 February 2008
3rd Aunt invited us to her house for dinner. Other relatives were there too – Tai Pak and wife, eldest Aunt, youngest Aunty and Uncle Tong, youngest Uncle and wife, and cousins. It’s good to see them again.

21 February 2008 – Chap Goh Mei
The Teoh cousins (including Seng Chor) hosted dinner at Pantai Seafood Restaurant with 2 tables.
The menu (RM 638++ per table):
- Salmon Fish Yee Sang
- Braised Shark’s Fin Soup with scallops
- Roasted Crispy Duck Hong Kong Style
- Steamed “Estuary Garoupa” Fish
- Fried King Prawn with Mushroom Sauce
- Braised Sea Cucumber with Mushroom & Sea Moss
- Prosperity Steamed Rice with Chinese Sausage
- Pantai Chinese Pastries
- Chilled Mango Cream with Sago

23 February 2008
Back to work to attend a meeting with the Marketing Department.
6th Swimming Lesson

25 February 2008
On Medical Leave – throat infection and slight fever

27 and 28 February 2008
Jordan stayed overnight at the babysitter. Seng Chor was not feeling well too.

1 March 2008
Attended Mei Yen’s wedding. I am really happy for her. It's a joy to witness the solemnisation of her marriage.

3 March 2008
Alex started his new job - second one, at Kelana Jaya.

6 March 2008
Received news from Mama that Cousin Siau Ling passed away in a car accident in Tawau last night. What a tragedy! She left behind husband and 3 young children.

No comments: