Thursday, October 18, 2007

Fabulous Family Trip in KK

First Day – Thursday, 11 October 2007

10 am – Departed from LCCT. Yoke Kheng sent us to the airport.
12:30 pm – Arrived at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA) Terminal 2.
Greeted by my Mum and Dad

Lunch at home – fried noodles – one of Mum’s specialties.
Rested at home.

7:30 pm – Dinner at Supertanker with Uncle David and Aunty Doris.
Jordan felt asleep. So, we had a peaceful dinner.

KK city tour. Jordan continued to sleep.

Second Day – Friday, 12 October 2007

8:30 am – Dental appointment for Seng Chor and I – tooth scaling. It was a painful and wet experience for Seng Chor. His dental scaling took more than half an hour!

11 am – Visited the chocolate factory – Simply Chocolate in Jalan Penampang.
This is the first handmade chocolate factory in Sabah.
We could view the process of making the chocolates in the factory.
It’s my first visit to a chocolate factory. I was expecting a big premises but it was just a shop lot. Anyway, it was still an interesting visit, and we bought some chocolates back as well. They have lovely packaging for the chocolates.

Lunch – Dim Sum at Foo Phin Restaurant. It was good to see Jordan finishing more than half a bowl of the chicken porridge. He really enjoyed it.

In the evening, Seng Chor and I took Jordan to the Tun Fuad Stephens Park near our house. There is a lake in the park, with a lot of fish. We even saw a turtle swimming in the lake. Jordan was excited to see the fish and the turtle – there were all very big – about 4 - 5 feet. Jordan kept on repeating the words, fish and turtle, and pointing to them at the same time. As a child, I used to go to the park with my family. We would bring bread to feed the fish. The fish were small then. Now, they are huge. I wonder if they were the same batch of fish.

My Mum cooked a lovely dinner for us. Jordan enjoyed the soup very much, and he kept on asking for more – “soup, soup, soup”.

After dinner, we wanted to visit my ex-schoolmate. Unfortunately, Jordan fell asleep.

Third Day – Saturday, 13 October 2007
We including my parents went to Karambunai Beach Resort. We walked around the Nexus Hotel. Seng Chor took Jordan for a walk on the beach but Jordan was still scared. He was reluctant to put his feet into the sea as well.

After that, Jordan sat next to a pond and had fun watching the fish swimming. There was a monitor lizard lurking near the pond as well. It also swam in the pond. Jordan was not afraid of it at all and even wanted to go near it. He really enjoyed himself that morning.

We went back to Foo Phin Restaurant for dim sum again. This time Jordan ate the century egg porridge – he ate more than half a bowl as well.

3 pm
My ex-schoolmate Josephine and her hubby John picked us to visit another ex-schoolmate Agatha who was working at the Tambunan Golf Club. Even though the meeting was brief (about an hour), it was still good to catch up with one another.

7 pm
Sumptuous dinner with Jenny at Gaya Seafood Restaurant. It was a wonderful treat from Jenny – my ex-University mate. We had butter crab, steamed prawn, “tung fung lo”, “sayur manis” (Sabah vegetable) and garlic rice.

Fourth Day – Sunday, 14 October 2007 (Jordan’s 22nd month birthday)
Visited Church of the Good Samaritan – an Anglican church.
Aunty Doris took us there.
During the worship, Seng Chor babysat Jordan. What a good relief! I hardly had chance to sit through a worship session without any interruption. It was a refreshing time indeed. The best part – I got to sing my favourite song – “Jesus loves me this I know.” My eyes were almost filled with tears as we sang the song. God has reminded me of His love for me, and I long for His touch once again. Praise the Lord!

I took over from Seng Chor to babysit Jordan during the message time.
4 visitors from Doulos shared. They played a short video clip, introduced the gospel through a skit and ended with a message by the Malaysian who has been with Doulos for 20 years. He shared his experiences and the challenges as a missionary on Doulos.

The service started at 10 am, and ended slightly before noon.

Lunch at home – fish noodles from Tian-tian coffee shop (Dad’s favourite restaurant).

Dinner at Ocean View Restaurant
We celebrated Jordan’s 22nd month birthday. My mum bought him a 2 kg Black Forest cake from Strawberry Bakery. It was a big cake indeed!

Dinner was of course sumptuous – fish, steamed prawn, “tung fong lo”, 2 types of clams, sayur manis and ostrich meat.

Jordan ate some fish and cake. He was very fascinated with the fish, prawns, crabs, and lobsters in the aquarium.

Fifth Day – Monday, 15 October 2007 (Window shopping Day)

Had a light lunch at home.

Seng Chor, Jordan, my Mum and I visited the old and new shopping complexes in KK:
• Wisma Merdeka (old)
• Warisan Square(new)
• Centerpoint (old)
• City Mall (new)

Mum cooked dinner.

Sixth Day – Tuesday, 13 October 2007
Visited Doulos – bought books and a Children’s Discovery Bible for Jordan.
Went up to the Observatory Tower to take some pictures.

Lunch at home – once again, Jordan enjoyed the soup.

After lunch, we dropped by at Karamunsing Kompleks. Seng Chor wanted to check out the camera and hand phone prices.

Next, we visited my primary and secondary schools. Took some photos from the entrance.

6:45 pm
Left for the KKIA Terminal 2.
Flight was delayed for 25 minutes. The flight was not full. So, Jordan had his own seat, and he could also see the view from the window.

We arrived LCCT at 10:45 pm. We were greeted by Yoke Kheng.

The Teohs slept after 1 am.

Praise the Lord for a fabulous and memorable family trip!

No comments: