Tuesday, October 09, 2007

3rd Tioman Trip and Sheraton Imperial

28 Sept 2007 to 30 Sept 2007
Seng Chor and I took a trip down Tioman Island – 3rd time for me and countless times for Seng Chor. Jordan was placed at the babysitter. We went together with Seng Chor’s colleague and family, and 2 other friends – 10 adults and 2 kids.

While Seng Chor and his friends were away diving, I spent most of the time in the room – watching TV and preparing PowerPoint slides for my lecture. How boring, right? I didn’t have any proper meal until Saturday night. Anyway, I pampered myself with the Signature massage at the resort. I enjoyed the boat ride to the nearby Pulai Island on Sunday morning – managed to tan myself a bit at the beach.

This is the first time I joined Seng Chor and his diving friends. It’s good to know them better and I do hope to join them more – maybe join them underwater in the near future. 

This trip is also part of our 7th wedding anniversary celebration.


At Mersing jetty, waiting for our ferry


Welcome drink at the resort


At Tulai Island


Sheraton Imperial, Kuala Lumpur – Saturday, 6 October 2007.
We ended our anniversary celebration with a one night stay at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in KL. We celebrated the anniversary for almost a month. Hehehe! Jordan was with us and he had an excellent time – eating and exploring almost every corner of the room. This complimentary stay is one of the privileges as a club member of the hotel chain. We had complimentary buffet lunch and dinner too. This weekend retreat is worth more than the annual membership fee that we paid. So, it’s a good deal indeed!

We still have a few more vouchers for complimentary meal and cakes. We are looking forward to that but unfortunately no more complimentary stay.

On Saturday afternoon, we had a wonderful family outing at the latest shopping centre in KL - Pavilion. The best part - I got a cool new handphone - Sony Ericsson W660i - anniversary cum advanced birthday gift! Thanks, Seng Chor. Actually, the main reason for getting this mobile phone is that my LG phone is dead for no apparent reason. The old has gone, the new has come.


Sheraton Imperial



Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur




No comments: